100th Anniversary

Church construction began in 1914, with all able-bodied male parishioners donating a week of work per year and some funds, machinery and labour being donated by the Dominion Iron and Steel Company. Construction lasted until 1925; this long construction period allowed the church to be completed debt-free.

Today the Church is a registered Heritage Structure, recognized for its aesthetic, historic, cultural and environmental values. Although the church is no longer used on a regular basis, it is still consecrated and is used for weddings, funerals and other special occasions.

Some special activities are planned to mark this centennial anniversary. The church will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. from August 25 - 30. There will be a concert of old-time and country gospel music performed by local artists at the church on Saturday evening. The celebrations will culminate with a Mass celebrated by Bishop Hundt at 5 p.m. on Sunday evening, with a social to follow.