Categories: General Date: May 1, 2017 Title: Clergy Appointments and Retirements
On the weekend of April 29-30, clergy appointments and retirements were announced in the parishes affected by the moves. Bishop Hundt expressed his gratitude to each of the priests for their generosity of spirit in accepting new appointments, as well as to the retiring priests for their dedicated ministry and prays that God will bless them with long and joy-filled retirements. Please join with Bishop Hundt in praying that God blesses all the priests and their parishioners during this time of transition and change.
Appointments effective Wednesday June 28, 2017:
- Reverend Gerard Patry – appointed Pastor of Holy Rosary Parish in Pasadena.
- Reverend Krishnarao Mekala, M.F. – appointed Administrator of St. Stephen’s Parish in Stephenville and Maria Regina Parish in Port au Port.
Appointments effective Tuesday August 1, 2017:
- Monsignor James Robertson – appointed Pastor of Sacred Heart Parish in Curling and Administrator of Our Lady Star of the Sea Parish in Benoit’s Cove.
Retirement effective Wednesday June 28, 2017:
- Monsignor Edwin Gale – retiring from his appointment as Pastor of Holy Rosary Parish in Pasadena.
Retirement effective Tuesday August 1, 2017:
- Reverend Donald Leonard – retiring from his appointment as Administrator of Sacred Heart Parish in Curling and Our Lady Star of the Sea Parish in Benoit’s Cove.
- The appointment of a Pastor/Administrator of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Lourdes and Our Lady of the Cape Parish in Cape St. George will be announced at a later date.
- The appointment of an Associate Pastor of St. Stephen’s Parish in Stephenville will be announced at a later date.